Lightwight carbon fibre sandwich sheets manufactured out of HT-carbon fibre prepregs with a transparent epoxy matrix and a sandwich core of Airex®T90.60 in press moulding.
The two surface layers consist of 3k fabric Style 452 with 5 threads per cm in twill weave 2/2. They are orientated under 0°/90°.
R&G carbon fibre sandwich sheets could easily be milled, sawn or cut by waterjet.
Surface layers: Carbon fabric 204 g/m², twill 2/2
Sandwich core: Airex® T90.60* (65 kg/m³)
Heat deflection temperature: 120 °C
CFRP sheets are generally not UV-resistant.
*AIREX T90 is a closed-cell, thermoplastic and recyclable, structural PET rigid foam. AIREX® T90 is a foam core material with excellent fire, smoke and toxicity (FST) properties. It is suitable for lamination with all types of resins and processes. The manufacturing process results in a structural core material with very constant properties. AIREX T90 is easy to thermoform and process mechanically.
Characteristics of Airex® T90.60:
- Very good fire resistance (FAR 25.853, NF F16-101, DIN 5510)
- Very good fatigue resistance
- Easy processing with all resins and lamination processes
- Excellent long-term thermal stability up to 100 °C
- Very high processing temperature up to 150 °C
- High compressive strength and high compressive modulus
- Very low dispersion of mechanical values
- Good top coat adhesion (connection of top coat to core)
- Excellent chemical resistance
- No water absorption
- No re-expanding
all Prices price incl. VAT, possibly plus shipping
Ratings for Carbon fibre sandwich sheets with Airex® core