USA: width 39.37", weight 5.9 oz/yd²
Fibre: Torayca® T300 3k 200 tex
Weave: Twill 2/2
Areal weight (dry): 200 g/m²
Width: 100 cm
Resin type: Epoxy
Resin content: 42 %
Prepreg weight: 345 g/m²
Prepreg thickness unprocessed: approx. 0.29 mm
Prepreg thickness compressed in laminate (fiber content 60 % by vol.): approx. 0.19 - 0.21 mm
We recommend to perform an Out of autoclave curing (OoA = vacuum bagging), although hot press moulding and autclave curing can also be used.
Curing temperatures from 80 up to 120 °C are possible, depending from the processing and curing method.
Typical features of R&G Carbon Fabric Prepregs:
- Highly transparent resin system with superior UV resistance
- The resin system complies with the applicable requirements as given in the Rules and Regulations of Germanischer Lloyd
- Very high chemical resistance
- Pinhole-free and high gloss surfaces with Out of Autoclave (OoA) manufacturing
- Easy processing in vacuum bagging processes (disposable as well as reusable systems)
Preimpregnated semi-finished products, so-called prepregs offer maximum material performance, especially for complex components and a wide range of applications. In contrast to other production techniques, this one already includes another important step for the production of composites: the steady impregnation of the fibre by the matrix. This makes both maximum mechanical performance and a very efficient component production possible. On top of this, the user is spared from having to deal with the labour intensive impregnation process with resin.
At -18 °C: 1 year
At +20 °C: 6-8 weeks
all Prices price incl. VAT, possibly plus shipping
Ratings for Carbon fabric prepreg 200 g/m² (twill) 100 cm