Production only takes place after a binding order. Delivery time usually about 2-3 weeks.
Cross-linked rigid expanded PVC foam
- Decay resisting
- Good thermal insulation
- Self-extinguishing, good behaviour in fire
- Low resin absorption
- Good compatibility with styrene
Nominal density: 60 kg/m³
This material can be easily post-cured up to 65 °C without deforming. Thermoforming can be done at temperatures > 115 °C.
Thermoforming is only possible with heated tools (pressing between positive and negative mould).
As the heat storage capacity of the material is too low, the sheets cannot be heated in the oven, as for e.g. Plexiglas, and afterwards drawn over a positive.
Ship and boat building: Decks, bulkhead walls, superstructures, interiors, hull parts
Rail and road vehicles: Supporting structures, interior parts, floors, dividing walls, etc.
Industrial components: Construction of wind driven turbines, containers, covers, sports aircraft and glider construction
Approval permits/tests: Germanischer Lloyd, fire testing in accordance with DIN 5510 (rail vehicles).
Important information about foam boards:
- Due to the production method it comes to a different distribution of density at the ingot, from which the sheets are manufactured. Border areas exhibit a higher density compared to the core. With increasing density the porosity of the material will decrease at the same time, which could result in a lower resin uptake (depending on the process used).
- Tolerances: Because of the cell structure the mechanical processing can lead to slight variations of the designated specification. Please note the Airex error catalog (see below) and the tolerance specifications in the variant selection.
- Smaller transport damage to the edges can not usually be avoided despite elaborate packaging.
- Airex® is light sensitive. To avoid discoloration the material should be stored protected from light, otherwise the material gets darker.
all Prices price incl. VAT, possibly plus shipping
Ratings for AIREX® Sheets C70.55 (YELLOW) 2450 x 1150 mm