Production only takes place after a binding order. Delivery time is usually about 2-3 weeks.
Cross-linked rigid expanded PVC foam MYCELL™ Sheets M060 (former AIREX® Sheets C70.55)
- Decay resisting
- Good thermal insulation
- Self-extinguishing, good behavior in fire
- Low resin absorption
- Good compatibility with styrene
Nominal density: 60 kg/m³
This material can be easily post-cured up to 65 °C without deforming. Thermoforming can be done at temperatures > 115 °C.
Thermoforming is only possible with heated tools (pressing between positive and negative mould).
As the heat storage capacity of the material is too low, the sheets cannot be heated in the oven, as for e.g. Plexiglas, and afterward drawn over a positive.
Laser cutting produces fumes that are harmful to health due to the high temperatures. Machines and equipment can also be damaged. Without appropriate protective measures for both people and machines, this type of processing is not recommended.
Ship and boat building: Decks, bulkhead walls, superstructures, interiors, hull parts
Rail and road vehicles: Supporting structures, interior parts, floors, dividing walls, etc.
Industrial components: Construction of wind-driven turbines, containers, covers, sports aircraft and glider construction
Approval permits/tests: Germanischer Lloyd, fire testing in accordance with DIN 5510 (rail vehicles).
Important information about foam boards:
- Due to the production method, it comes to a different distribution of density at the ingot, from which the sheets are manufactured. Border areas exhibit a higher density compared to the core. With increasing density, the porosity of the material will decrease at the same time, which could result in a lower resin uptake (depending on the process used).
- Tolerances: Because of the cell structure the mechanical processing can lead to slight variations of the designated specification. Please note the error catalog (see below) and the tolerance specifications in the variant selection.
- Smaller transport damage to the edges can not usually be avoided despite elaborate packaging.
- MYCELL™ is light sensitive. To avoid discoloration the material should be stored protected from light, otherwise, the material gets darker.
About Airex® - MYCELL™
A note on the adaptation of the product designations
Airex® PVC foams C 70.55 and C 70.75 used to be manufactured by MARICELL in Italy. Today, the Airex company manufactures its PVC foams under supervision in Asia.
The previous manufacturer MARICELL continues to produce the original PVC foams in the usual high quality and offers them under the MYCELL™ brand.
This means that MYCELL™ foams from Maricell are in this respect identical to the AIREX® foams supplied earlier.
AIREX® C 70.55 is yellow - MYCELL™ 60 M is also yellow and is virtually the same as AIREX C 70.55.
AIREX® C 70.75 is green - MYCELL™ 80 M is also green and quasi corresponds to AIREX C 70.75
all Prices price incl. VAT, possibly plus shipping