USA: width 19.69", weight 11.8 oz/yd²
Fibre: ZOLTEK™ PX35 50k
Yarn titer: 50k, therefore low-priced, without loss of quality
Width: 50 cm
Tensile strength: 4137 MPa
Tensile modulus: 242 GPa
Elongation at break: 1.5%
Density: 1.81 g/cm³
Filament Diameter: 7.2 μm
- All filaments are tensioned and absolutely parallel, not twisted to the right or to the left, so the fabric can fully utilize the properties of every single fiber, thereby the composite has excellent physical-mechanical properties.
- Thickness over the whole fabric’s width is consistent.
- All the physical parameters have very strict tolerance so the weight, fiber content, thickness, width are very precise.
- Filaments are constrained by very thin (76 dtex) polyester scrim (3.5 g/m², on one side).
- The surface of filaments are smooth, therefore it is very handy to process.
Coatings and laminates in model construction, sandwich components, technical components, which are mainly loaded in bending. Advantages of the material: Lying absolutely flat, almost 100 % utilisation of fibre properties, above all considerably higher compressive strength than fabric, higher fibre content possible, all cuts possible without fraying. Film on one side.
Calculated data for hand laminates with 45 volume percent fibres:
Resin consumption: 238 g/m², laminate thickness: 0.38 mm, laminate weight: 538 g/m²
all Prices price incl. VAT, possibly plus shipping
Ratings for Carbon non-crimp fabric ST 300 g/m² (UD) 50 cm