Epoxy Casting Resin WATER-CLEAR + Hardener W 300, sets of two components
- Highly transparent, almost water clear components
- Good UV resistance
- Largely free of air bubbles
- Polishable, hard surface
- Very good impact strength
- Low shrinkage
- Completely tack-free curing even in thin coats 1) 2)
- Can be coloured with R&G Universal colour pastes or transparent colours and dry pigments of all types
- Can be modified with all kinds of fillers (metal powder, effect pigments, dry sand, etc.)
- Also suitable for coatings and as laminating resin system with a very long pot life
100 : 35 parts by weight of resin to hardener
Pot life (135 g / 20 °C (68 °F)): approx. 300 minutes
Curing time: approx. 24–72 h (depending on volume, layer thickness and temperature)
1) If the system is processed in thin layers/laminates, the curing temperature should not be less than 22 °C (72 °F).
2) For thin coatings, we recommend our Epoxy Resin HT 2 with Hardener HT 2. For thin laminates, we offer numerous special laminating resin systems with which better results may be achieved.
Aquaristics, terraristics, arts and crafts, wood finishing, furniture construction (Rivertable), slides, aircraft, ship, car and railway model construction.
For optimum results, resin and hardener should be dosed by weight.
(Mixing ratio by weight is not equal to mixing ratio by volume due to different specific weights of resin and hardener.)
After mixing the resin and hardener, the casting resin must be poured into the mould as quickly as possible to avoid an
exothermic reaction in the mixing vessel. This is especially true when larger quantities are processed.
The reaction heat (exothermic) generated during hardening limits the maximum quantity to be poured in one operation and the
The higher the temperature and/or layer thickness and/or volume, the shorter the processing/gelling time.
If a certain limit is exceeded, the resin system heats up exponentially until undesired reactions finally occur:
The casting discolours completely or in places, from light yellow to dark brown, cracks appear and increased shrinkage occurs.
Furthermore, a restless, wavy surface is formed. In extreme cases, the casting can "boil" completely or partially. Temperatures
above 100 °C then occur.
Layer thicknesses up to 5 cm for small volumes up to approx. 500 ml and layers from 1-2 cm for large volumes up to
approx. 30 liters can be cast.
For large moulded parts (e.g. rivertables) with layer thicknesses of more than 20 mm, we recommend our Epoxy Casting Resin Extra 600.
This resin system is also recommended if necessary in summer temperatures when the working room cannot be air-conditioned.
At temperatures above 25 °C (77 °F), we strongly advise against casting larger layer thicknesses and/or larger volumes
in one operation.
all Prices price incl. VAT, possibly plus shipping
Ratings for Epoxy Casting Resin WATER-CLEAR + Hardener W 300